Where it all started

Our story began in 1971 in a 2 bay gas station on 8th & South Arkansas Avenue. Ray Sorrells, a World War II veteran, founded Ray’s Body Shop and started a family tradition that still exists today. Four years after opening his first body shop, Ray and his wife June purchased Buchannon Body Shop at 410 West Parkway and established Sorrells Body Shop at that location. Ray ran the shop with the help of his son Steve until his retirement in 1988. The shop stayed in the family as Ray & June’s 4 sons, Steve, Randy, Jamie & Jeff took over ownership. In 1993, Steve Hodges came in as a partner and general manager and stayed for 10 years before moving to Guatemala to work as a Christian missionary. 1998 saw Sorrells Body Shop make another move to its current location of 1903 South Arkansas Avenue. Eric Hartzell replaced Steve and serves the company as Vice President and General Manager. The tradition of Excellence Ray created in 1971 still exists today.

RAY SORRELLS
Ray's Body Shop

Comments are closed.