Ray's Body Shop was established in 1971 by Raymond and June Sorrells in a two bay gas station at the corner of 8th Street and South Arkansas Avenue. In 1975, Ray purchased Buchanon's Body Shop at 410 West D Street (now Parkway Avenue) and changed the name to Sorrells Body Shop. Over the years, all of the Sorrells boys - Steve, Randy, Jamie and Jeff - worked at their father's business. In 1988, Ray retired and sold the business to Jamie. The business remained at the Parkway location until March of 1999, when the company then moved to its present location at 1903 South Arkansas Avenue.
Many changes to the business have occured over the years, but Sorrells Body Shop never strayed from their core philosophy: always perform top quality work and provide great customer service! Sorrells has received many industry awards over the years and has been voted the "River Valley's Best Auto Body Repair Shop" by the readers of The Courier. Sorrells Body Shop has been part of Russellville's business community for over 40 years, and will continue the Tradition of Excellence in Collision Repair for many years to come.